Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hair curler warnings

Well, first and foremost, I don't think I'll ever curl my hair. Which is a bummer because it's super-long and looks badass when it's curled. I just don't have the arm-strength, endurance, or skill for it. Oh well.

But in any case, there's something ominous and faintly disturbing about the warning "this product can burn eyes." I mean, it's got a little bit of mysticality and magic about it when we're talking about some substance that can burn your eyes at range without ever coming into contact with them, like bleach or ammonia. But it's somehow much more terrible when this warning is on a hair curler. It makes me want to stop, go "what? Huh? Really?" and question what way a hair curler can burn your eyes that is somehow different from the way it burns everything else.

That is all.

1 comment:

Piscesmama + One said...

Yeah, as if it can't burn ears, nose, neck, forehead and all other body parts it comes into contact with. I think its just trying to remind those special people "TRY NOT TO STICK THIS IN YOUR EYE WHILE YOU'RE BURNING OFF YOUR EYELASHES MORON!"